Jacksonville, Orange Park and Daytona Beach Criminal Lawyer
We are a criminal defense Law Firm in the Jacksonville, Orange Park and Daytona Beach areas that represents individuals who are being investigated, arrested, or charged with a crime in Florida. With many years in practice, the vast majority of which has been dedicated to those facing gross misdemeanors, felonies, and infractions in the District, Superior, and Municipal Courts of Florida State. Our training, work ethic, commitment, and substantial legal experience has led to prominent evidential suppression orders being signed, acquittals during trial, case dismissals, and noteworthy reduction of criminal charges.
In order to achieve the best possible outcomes on behalf of clients, the law firm analyzes every conceivable perspective and issue involved in our clients’ cases. As a client, you can be sure that we will work tirelessly to give you a voice when you’re accused of committing a crime. We are compassionate listeners, and empathize with the fear, frustration, and shame that people often feel when facing criminal charges.
How a Criminal Charge in Florida will Impact You
Bear in mind that a criminal record may impact your ability to find housing, secure employment, or apply to schools. Many employers have a blanket policy against hiring individuals with a criminal record. Even a misdemeanor charge can have this effect, thereby stunting your ability to earn money.
Additionally, some higher education programs may deny entry due to a criminal conviction, including those that involve dishonesty, fraud, or theft. Even if admission is granted, residency can often be thwarted. Prospective landlords may also turn down housing applications that reveal a criminal charge.
Other areas of your life that may face additional scrutiny or limitations due to criminal charges include your:
- Immigration status
- Ability to purchase a firearm
- Ability to operate a vehicle
- Professional licensing, such as medical licensure, teaching certification, and legal licensing
- Ability to obtain a loan
- Child custody
- Public records.
How Hiring a Law Firm May Help your Criminal Case
If you are facing criminal charges, you will want the best criminal defense attorney on your side. In addition to calling witnesses in your defense and cross-examining witnesses that the prosecution brings forth, your attorney may also:
- Work with you and the prosecutor to garner a deal. Also known as a plea bargain, these deals can reduce your sentence or even eliminate some of the charges against you. However, defendants who represent themselves are rarely able to strike a plea bargain with prosecuting teams;
- Direct your attention to legal rules and regulations that are difficult to find on your own, including those buried within complicated legalese;
- Find alternative sentencing guidelines that will not only help reduce the time spent in jail, but also reduce the likelihood of re-committing the crime. For example, an attorney representing someone who is convicted of drinking and driving may negotiate a way to replace several of the mandatory months in prison with attendance in an alcohol recovery program. This will provide the dual benefits of more freedom and a help for the problem that brought you into the criminal justice system to begin with;
- Gather evidence and statements from witnesses that are going to be called in for the prosecution. This is often nearly impossible for defendants to do without legal representation given an implicit fear witnesses may have against someone being accused of a crime.
Our Criminal Defense Law Firm accepts clients in Jacksonville, Orange Park and Daytona Beach FL and the surrounding areas
Every legal case is unique. A skilled criminal defense lawyer can unveil these qualities to best represent you and your needs. As your legal representative, we will fight tirelessly to ensure the best outcome for you. We will listen, advise, and ultimately guide you in hopes of obtaining the most optimum outcome. Call today for a free consultation.